Innovative Companies to Present to Investors at 2011 World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing in Toronto
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Thursday, March 31, 2011) - The Biotechnology Industry Organization today announced the industrial biotechnology companies selected to present their technology development and business models to an elite audience of investors and analysts at BIO’s 8th annual World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing.
The world’s largest industrial biotechnology conference for business leaders, investors, academics and policymakers in biofuels, biobased products, renewable chemicals, synthetic biology, food ingredients and biomass returns to Toronto, May 8-11 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The event is coorganized by BIO, BIOTECanada and the Agri-Technology Commercialization Centre (ATCC), which is comprised of Soy 20/20, Ontario Agri-Food Technologies, Bioenterprise.
Company executives from emerging industrial biotechnology companies seeking investment and partnering opportunities will make formal 25-minute presentations on their new technologies, accomplishments, milestones, value proposition and business case. These sessions, separate from the breakout tracks, are designed to spur investment in companies seeking to raise money. Participating executives and companies include:
- Dr. Steven Fabijanski, president and CEO, Agrisoma Biosciences, Inc.
- Carolyn Fritz, president and CEO, Allylix
- Jose Laurentino, CEO, Azule Fuel
- Robert Tripp, CEO, Benefuel, Inc.
- Ken Lawless, CEO, BioDiesel Reactor (BDR) Technologies, Inc.
- Jean-Francois Huc, CEO, BioAmber, Inc.
- Daphne Preuss, CEO and president, Chromatin, Inc.
- Glenn R. Kelly, president & CEO, CO2 Solution, Inc.
- George Stanko, president, CORE Biofuel, Inc.
- Christopher H. Belchers, president & CEO, Drystill Holdings, Inc.
- Dr. Marc Delcourt, CEO, Global Bioenergies S.A.
- Camiel Huisma, CEO, GrowSafe Systems Ltd.
- Dr. Anvar Buranov, president and CEO, KOK Technologies, Inc.
- Dr. Yousef Haj-Ahmad, president and CEO, Norgen Biotek Corp.
- Kef Kasdin, CEO, Proterro, Inc.
- Mike Hamilton, CEO, Sriya Innovations, Inc.
- Keith Thomas, president and CEO, Vive Nano, Inc.
- Mr. Jim, Imbler, president & CEO, ZeaChem, Inc.
BIO’s World Congress will also feature six breakout session tracks over three days, with industry presentations on Advanced Biofuels Technology; Algae and Feedstock Crops; Synthetic Biology and Metabolic Engineering; Renewable Chemical Platforms and Biobased Materials; Public Policy, Infrastructure and Business Development; as well as Specialty Chemicals, Pharma Intermediates, and Food Ingredients. The full program of breakout panel sessions and speakers is now available. Please visit http://www.bio.org/worldcongress/ for additional information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online pre-registration for reporters and editors is now open. All programs at the BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing are open to attendance by members of the media. Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters with valid press credentials working full time for print, broadcast or web publications.
Upcoming BIO Events
BIO Intellectual Property Counsels Committee Spring Conference and Committee Meeting
April 13-15, 2011
World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology & Bioprocessing
May 8-11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Partnering for Global Health Forum 2011
June 27, 2011
BIO International Convention
June 27-30, 2011
2011 BIO Human Resources Conference
June 26-28, 2011
The Business Forum at the BIO International Convention
June 28-30, 2011
BIO India International Partnering Conference
September 21-22, 2011
BIO China International Conference
October 12-13, 2011
BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world. BIO produces BIOtech Now, an online portal and monthly newsletter chronicling “innovations transforming our world.” Subscribe to BIOtech Now.
For more information:
- Visit http://www.bio.org
- Follow us on Twitter @IAmBiotech
- Join us on LinkedIn/MyBio
- Become a fan at facebook.com/IAmBiotech