Registration Opens for 2011 World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Thursday, January 13, 2011) - More than 1,000 high-profile scientists, executives, government officials and investors are expected to gather for an exchange of ideas at BIO’s 8th annual World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing. The world’s largest industrial biotechnology event for business leaders, investors and policy makers in biofuels, biobased products, renewable chemicals and biomass runs May 8-11 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto.
Plenary sessions will present progress in commercialization of advanced biofuels, renewable chemical platforms, renewable feedstock and feedstock crop development as well as advances in algae technology, marine biotech, food ingredients and synthetic biology. Invited speakers include:
- Ellen J. Kullman, Chairman of the Board and CEO, DuPont;
- Axel C. Heitmann, Chairman of the Board, Lanxess;
- Feike Sijbesma, Chief Executive Officer, DSM;
- Andrew N. Liveris, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board, DOW Chemical Company; and
- Ton Runneboom, Founder, Warming Neutral Foundation.
Online registration for the conference is now open. Early bird registration ends Feb. 10, 2011. Please visit http://www.bio.org/worldcongress/ for additional information, or email email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting panels or individual presentations is Jan. 23, 2011. BIO invites prospective speakers to submit proposals for panels, individual papers, and posters addressing the following topics:
- Advanced Biofuel Technologies;
- Algae and Feedstock Crops;
- Renewable Chemical Platforms and Biobased Materials;
- Specialty Chemicals, Pharma Intermediates, Food Ingredients;
- Public Policy, Infrastructure and Business Development;
- Synthetic Biology and Metabolic Engineering.
All programs at the BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing are open to attendance by members of the media. Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters with valid press credentials working full time for print, broadcast or web publications.
Upcoming BIO Events
BIO Asia International Partnering Conference
January 24-25, 2011
BIO CEO & Investor Conference
February 14-15, 2011
New York, NY
BIO-Europe Spring 2011
March 14-16, 2011
BIO Intellectual Property Counsels Committee Spring Conference and Committee Meeting
April 13-15, 2011
World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology & Bioprocessing
May 8-11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BIO International Convention
June 27-30, 2011
BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world. BIO produces BIOtech Now, an online portal and monthly newsletter chronicling “innovations transforming our world.” Subscribe to BIOtech Now.
For more information:
- Visit http://www.bio.org
- Follow us on Twitter @IAmBiotech
- Join us on LinkedIn/MyBio
- Become a fan at facebook.com/IAmBiotech