Primary Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events with the day-to-day office responsibilities and supervision of operations support staff. This includes development, implementation and enforcement of policies and procedures for BIO’s office operations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the administration of BIO’s conference room reservation system and Meeting Room Manager (MRM) which include training, daily monitoring for accuracy and troubleshooting.
- Assist the Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events with facility management ensuring that the office is operating efficiently, and that office related changes or issues and employee requests are addressed timely. This includes reporting issues to the property manager through the electronic service request as needed.
- Serve as a liaison for vendors and manage the following programs: business cards, print materials, shredding, and shipping.
- Manage current security and safety practices, as well as develop and recommend additional programs. Responsible for implementing approved new programs. Secondary contact for BIO’s security systems which includes ensuring equipment is functioning properly.
- Perform facilities on-boarding for new employees.
- Maintain BIO’s contact list for emergency texts, including drafting and sending texts and updating internal systems as needed.
- Update the organizations voice mail as needed, i.e., changing both day and night voicemails for any holiday closing or office closing.
- Act as point of contact for department leads in case of office emergency and evacuation. Hosting the quarterly Emergency Preparedness meeting by presenting fresh concepts to the group. Keeping the Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events informed of these leads and office related issues.
- Act as point of contact for BIO staff with any conference room issues, they may have. This includes issues with BIO’s conference room program (MRM), microphones, projectors, conference calls, etc., in addition to, keeping the Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events, and Director of Information Technologies informed of any issues.
- Maintain office inventory database, including tracking office furniture, service items, food and beverage stock, and office supplies.
- Serve onsite contact for granting access to BIO for Federal Express, UPS, and other delivery services. Sign for and notify staff of all incoming deliveries and packages for BIO’s employees.
- Assist with any special room set up/breakdown requests for all BIO conference rooms.
- Act as point of contact for BIO’s parking program. This includes working with the parking attendants of the garage to ensure only BIO staff is parking in BIO’s reserved section. Keeping the Director, Facilities Management and Internal Events informed of any car that needs to be towed.
- Other projects, as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Exceptional verbal & written communications
- Professional appearance
- Exceptional Multi-tasking skills
- Team oriented
- Computer literate specifically MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel
- Working knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Office equipment
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Good planning and organization skills
Education and Experience Required:
- High school, college degree a plus
- 4+ years of general office work experience