- Title: Vice President, Digital
- Department: Public Affairs/Marketing
- Reports to: Chief Public Affairs & Marketing Officer
- Salaried, exempt position
Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) is the world’s largest advocacy association representing member companies, state biotechnology groups, academic and research institutions, and related organizations across the United States and in 30+ countries. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.
The Vice President, Digital will lead BIO’s digital presence (online communications and content, websites, and social communities) and oversee its execution.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise and drive content creation for BIO.org and BIO’s digital properties and social media properties to ensure cohesion, consistency of content and message across all properties.
- Ensure pipeline of fresh content.
- Monitor content shelf life.
- Identify content gaps.
- Develop and maintain all of BIO’s web-based properties and drive strategies to maximize our web-based presence.
- Create and implement a system that strengthens BIO’s social media presence and credibility.
- Translate BIO’s business needs into technical capabilities to foster online engagement for BIO staff.
- Create relationships across all stakeholders to support understanding of BIO’s online communications.
- Measure, analyze and optimize the effectiveness of digital properties, campaigns and activities, including email.
- Oversee internal and external teams, including agency management, responsible for content creation, digital advertising, and distribution.
- Be responsible for overseeing budget management for digital expenses and contracts.
Required Background, EDUCATION, and skills
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Communications Technology or related field.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in digital communications, content production, branding, and web management.
- Proven writing, editing, and verbal skills demonstrating a strong command of English, with an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and engaging style.
- Demonstrated success with building and maintaining large, complex websites.
- Extensive shooting and editing digital video and audio.
- Experience writing and editing for the web.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and CSS.
- Knowledge of Drupal, Marketo, and Salesforce.
- Knowledge of digital video/audio editing software (Adobe Premiere, or similar).
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work efficiently under stress and to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills strategic thinker and team player.
- Experience using social media tools and platforms.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal guidance.
Candidates should be aware that BIO currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date BIO is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.