BIO Announces Plenary Speakers for 2011 World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing in Toronto
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Monday, March 07, 2011) - Company C-level executives, scientists and government officials from Canada, Europe and the United States will be featured presenters at BIO’s 8th annual World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing. The world’s largest industrial biotechnology conference for business leaders, investors, academics and policymakers in biofuels, biobased products, renewable chemicals, synthetic biology, food ingredients and biomass returns to Toronto, May 8-11 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The event is coorganized by BIO, BIOTECanada and the Agri-Technology Commercialization Centre (ATCC), which is comprised of Soy 20/20, Ontario Agri-Food Technologies, Bioenterprise.
The plenary program will include six panel sessions:
- Industrial Biotechnology: A Global View from Corporate Leaders
- Civilian and Military Aviation Fuels: Can Biotech Make a Difference?
- Investor Analysis and Commentary on the Industrial Biotech Space
- What Consumers and Manufacturers Need from Industrial Biotech Companies: A Customer Perspective
- Renewable Feedstocks: Global Needs, Local Solutions
- Strategic Partnerships for More Robust Value Chains
Featured plenary speakers include:
- William D. Lese, Managing Partner, Braemar Energy Ventures;
- Alan Shaw, CEO, Codexis;
- Brian Ames, Vice President, Hydrocarbons, DOW Chemical;
- Steven J. Mirshak, CEO, DuPont Tate and Lyle Bioproducts LLC;
- Patrick R. Gruber, CEO, Gevo;
- Peter Williams, CEO, INEOS Technologies;
- Michael Curry, Managing Director, Investeco Capital;
- Ron Commander, Head of Butyl Rubber Business Unit, Lanxess;
- Ross MachLachlan, President and CEO, Lignol;
- Paul Bryan, Biomass Program Manager, U.S. Department of Energy.
BIO’s World Congress will also feature six breakout session tracks over three days, with industry presentations on Advanced Biofuels Technology; Algae and Feedstock Crops; Synthetic Biology and Metabolic Engineering; Renewable Chemical Platforms and Biobased Materials; Public Policy, Infrastructure and Business Development; as well as Specialty Chemicals, Pharma Intermediates, and Food Ingredients. The full program of breakout panel sessions and speakers will be available soon. Please visit http://www.bio.org/worldcongress/ for additional information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online pre-registration for reporters and editors is now open. All programs at the BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing are open to attendance by members of the media. Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters with valid press credentials working full time for print, broadcast or web publications.
Upcoming BIO Events
BIO-Europe Spring 2011
March 14-16, 2011
BIO Intellectual Property Counsels Committee Spring Conference and Committee Meeting
April 13-15, 2011
World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology & Bioprocessing
May 8-11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Partnering for Global Health Forum 2011
June 27, 2011
BIO International Convention
June 27-30, 2011
2011 BIO Human Resources Conference
June 26-28, 2011
The Business Forum at the BIO International Convention
June 28-30, 2011
BIO India International Partnering Conference
September 21-22, 2011
BIO China International Conference
October 12-13, 2011
BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world. BIO produces BIOtech Now, an online portal and monthly newsletter chronicling “innovations transforming our world.” Subscribe to BIOtech Now.
For more information:
- Visit http://www.bio.org
- Follow us on Twitter @IAmBiotech
- Join us on LinkedIn/MyBio
- Become a fan at facebook.com/IAmBiotech