BIO Welcomes New Industrial Biotechnology Members as the World Congress Kicks Off in Philadelphia
Philadelphia (May 12, 2014) – The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) today announced that nine companies have become new members of its Industrial & Environmental Section since the start of 2014. The announcement came as BIO prepared to kick of its annual World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology, which runs May 12 – 15 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia.
Brent Erickson, executive vice president of BIO’s Industrial & Environmental Section, welcomed the members and stated, “The growth in BIO’s membership shows how rapidly technology is finding new and diverse applications. The bioeconomy is emerging at a very fast pace indeed. While advanced biofuels are reaching the stage of full commercialization, renewable chemical and synthetic biology companies have found new markets and new applications at an astounding pace, creating opportunities and jobs for countries that position themselves to take the lead. We can sense the energy as we get started with the 11th annual BIO World Congress.”
The new members include
· Arzeda Corp., Seattle, Wash.
· Biosynthetic Technologies, Irvine, Calif.
· Evolva, Mill Valley, Calif.
· Green Biologics, Gahanna, Ohio
· Manus Biosynthesis, Cambridge, Mass.
· Reluceo Holdings LLC, Plymouth, Minn.
· Sage Bioproducts, Denver, Colo.
· Succinity Gmbh, Düsseldorf, Germany
· Yulex Corporation, Phoenix, Ariz.