BioMalaysia/Pacific Rim Summit Plenaries to Address Building Businesses, Attracting Investment in the Bioeconomy
The 2011 Pacific Rim Summit on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy will present two morning plenary sessions, featuring panels of high-level executives from international biobased product manufacturers. The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) is co-organizing the Summit with the BioMalaysia 2011 Conference & Exhibition, to be held Nov. 21-23, 2011, at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre in Malaysia.
Scheduled plenary sessions include:
Building Business in a Green Bioeconomy
Tuesday, Nov. 22, 2011, 8:30a.m. - 10:00a.m.
- Matthew Carr, Managing Director, Industrial and Environmental Section, Biotechnology Industry Organization.
- Roger E. Wyse, Managing Director, Burrill & Company.
- Lars Hansen, Regional President, Europe, Novozymes;
- Patrick R. Gruber, Chief Executive Officer, Gevo;
- Philippe Lavielle, Chief Executive Officer, HCL Cleantech;
- Dato’ Sabri Ahmad, Chief Executive Officer, Felda (Invited).
Attracting Global Investment with Feedstock Resources
Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2011, 8:30a.m. -10:00a.m.
- Wan Abd Rahaman, Chief Operating Officer, Malaysia BiotechCorp (Invited).
- Marc Verbruggen, Chief Executive Officer and President, NatureWorks, LLC;
- Atul Thakrar, President and Chief Executive Officer, Segetis;
- Derek Atkinson, Business Development Manager, Purac;
- Reinhard Karge, Director, R&D – Centre, DSM Food Specialties (Shanghai) Ltd.
The Pacific Rim Summit also will feature two technical tracks: Biomass and Biofuels; and Renewable Chemicals and Biobased Products. Speakers from leading companies headquartered in Asia, Europe and the Americas will meet in Kuala Lumpur for this event to explore partnering, financing and capital formation deals.
Now in its sixth year, the Pacific Rim Summit on Industrial Biotechnology and Bioenergy will address the latest issues in industrial biotechnology, including algae, advanced biofuels, biopolymers and bioplastics, dedicated energy crops, green chemistry, and synthetic biology. The annual Pacific Rim Summit is the original conference dedicated solely to growth of the industrial biotechnology sector in Asia and the Americas. Visit http://bio.org/pacrim.
Media registration is now open and available online at http://www.biomalaysia.com.my/2011/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&Itemid=121. Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters with valid press credentials working full time for print, broadcast or web publications.