Thirteenth Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference Therapeutic Sessions to Focus on Oncology, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Psychiatry
WASHINGTON, D.C. (Wednesday, January 12, 2011) - The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) today announced the selection of therapeutic workshops to be presented at the Thirteenth Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference, taking place February 14-15 at the Waldorf=Astoria Hotel in New York City. Experts chosen to speak on these panels represent leading clinical institutions, medical foundations, and public and private biotechnology companies.
“This event brings together industry executives, clinical thought leaders and investment professionals to discuss therapeutic areas of need and expectations for the market environment of the future,” said Alan Eisenberg, executive vice president of Emerging Companies & Business Development at BIO. “Therapeutic sessions will highlight disease areas with key catalysts representing new therapies and cutting edge investment opportunities.”
The BIO CEO & Investor Conference’s therapeutic workshops will focus on topics addressing the latest developments in therapies for a wide range of diseases. This year’s therapeutic workshop topics include:
Oncology: Lung Cancer – Clearing the Airways on New Treatments
Monday, February 14, 9:00am-9:55am
- Brian Schwarz, Chief Medical Officer, ArQule, Inc.
Urology: Prostate Cancer-Shedding Light in Dark Places
Monday, February 14, 2:00pm-2:55pm
- David Hung, MD, President & Chief Executive Officer, Medivation, Inc.
- Scott Cormack, President & Chief Executive Officer, OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- David Nanus M.D., Co-Chief of the Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Weill Cornell Medical College and New York Presbyterian Hospital
Rheumatoid Arthritis: the Real Joint Problem
Tuesday, February 15, 9:00am-9:55am
- James M. Gower, Chairman of the Board & Chief Executive Officer, Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Thomas J. Schall, PhD, President & CEO, ChemoCentryx, Inc.
- Simos Simeonidis, PhD, Managing Director, Rodman & Renshaw, LLC (moderator)
Trial and Error: Breaking Down Clinical Trial Success Rates
Tuesday, February 15, 12:00pm-12:55pm
- Ted Buckley, PhD, Chief Economist, Bloomberg (moderator)
- Michael Hay, Senior Biotechnology Analyst, Sagient Research Systems
- David Thomas, Director, Industry Research & Analysis, Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
Psychiatry: Major Depressive Disorder – A Lifeline for the Pipeline
Tuesday, February 15, 3:00pm-3:55pm
- Elemer Piros, PhD, Managing Director & Senior Biotechnology Analyst, Rodman & Renshaw, LLC (moderator)
- Barry Brand, Chief Executive Officer & Director, CeNeRx Biopharma, Inc.
- Geoffrey C. Dunbar, MD, Senior Vice President, Clinical Development and Regulatory Affiars and Chief Medical Officer, Targacept, Inc.
- Alexander Glassman, M.D., Chief of Clinical Psychopharmacology, New York State Psychiatric Institute
(Additional panelists to be confirmed.)
To learn more about the BIO CEO & Investor Conference, including registration and program information, please visit http://bio.org/bioceo. Registration is complimentary for qualified investors and credentialed members of the media.
The BIO CEO & Investor Conference is the largest independent investor conference focused solely on publicly-traded biotechnology companies. The meeting attracts institutional investors, industry analysts, and senior biotechnology executives. In addition, the BIO CEO & Investor Conference draws business development executives from leading global pharmaceutical and mature biotechnology companies.
About the 13th Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference
The BIO CEO & Investor Conference is a must attend event for institutional investors, industry analysts, and senior biotechnology executives focused on shaping the future investment landscape of the biotechnology industry.
BIO is pleased to recognize the leadership provided by the BIO CEO & Investor Conference sponsors, including Lead Bank Sponsor Wedbush PacGrow Life Sciences, Host Bank Sponsor Rodman & Renshaw LLC, and Supporting Bank Sponsors BMO Capital Markets, Deutsche Bank, Lazard and Roth Capital Markets.
Upcoming BIO Events
BIO Asia International Partnering Conference
January 24-25, 2011
BIO CEO & Investor Conference
February 14-15, 2011
New York, NY
BIO-Europe Spring 2011
March 14-16, 2011
BIO Intellectual Property Counsels Committee Spring Conference and Committee Meeting
April 13-15, 2011
World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology & Bioprocessing
April 13-15, 2011
BIO International Convention
June 27-30, 2011
BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world. BIO produces BIOtech Now, an online portal and monthly newsletter chronicling “innovations transforming our world.” Subscribe to BIOtech Now.
For more information:
- Visit http://www.bio.org
- Follow us on Twitter @IAmBiotech
- Join us on LinkedIn/MyBio
- Become a fan at facebook.com/IAmBiotech