11th Annual BIO Investor Forum to Highlight Venture-Stage Growth and Emerging Public Companies
Washington, D.C. (August 16, 2012) – The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) announces that registration is now available for the 11thAnnual BIO Investor Forum, an international biotech investor conference focused on investment strategies for early stage and established private companies as well as emerging public companies. The event will take place October 9-10, 2012 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, Calif.
“The BIO Investor Forum is the ideal venue for investors and business development leaders to discuss financial and strategic business issues affecting investment in biotech companies, and explore potential partnerships and business collaborations to fuel research and development for promising innovation,” said Alan Eisenberg, executive vice president, Emerging Companies & Business Development at BIO.
The 2011 BIO Investor Forum scheduled almost 900 meetings, 88% of which were between biotech companies and investors. Furthermore, the event hosted nearly 120 late-stage private and emerging public company presentations.
This year’s event will assemble public and venture-stage growth companies, as well as top public and private equity investors, to explore investment trends and opportunities in life sciences. In addition to panel discussions led by clinical thought leaders focusing on industry trends, the conference features business roundtables focused on financing, investment and the latest M&A trends. BIO One-on-One Partnering™ will also provide an opportunity to arrange meetings between investors; companies; and industry business development, licensing and therapeutic franchise heads.
The BIO Investor Forum is a must attend event for public and private market investors, research analysts, investment bankers, and industry executives focused on investment and business development opportunities in the life sciences.
The meeting attracts healthcare venture capital and public market investors and research analysts. In addition, the BIO Investor Forum draws business development executives from leading global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
BIO and the BIO Investor Forum Advisory Committee set the event agenda and program. Advisory Committee members include:
- Bruce Booth, D.Phil., Partner, Life Sciences, Atlas Venture
- Francesco De Rubertis, PhD, Partner, Index Ventures
- Patrick Enright,Founder & Managing Director, Longitude Capital
- Mark Kessel, Partner, Symphony Capital LLC
- Jonathan MacQuitty, PhD, Partner, Abingworth LLP.
- Gail Maderis, President & CEO, BayBio
- Michael Martino, President & CEO, Ambit Biosciences
- Brian McVeigh CPA, CMA, CLP, MBA, Vice President, WWBD Transactions and Investment Management, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
- Bryan Roberts, PhD, Partner, Venrock
- Katya Smirnyagina, PhD, Venture Partner, Alta Partners
- Steven Tregay, PhD, Founder, President & CEO Forma Therapeutics
- Geeta Vemuri, PhD, Senior Managing Director, Corporate Development, Baxter Ventures
- Asish K. Xavier, Ph.D., J&J Development Corporation
To learn more about the BIO Investor Forum, including registration and program information, please visit here.
BIO is pleased to recognize the leadership provided by the BIO Investor Forum Conference sponsors including Supporting Banks Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, and Roth Capital. BIO Double Helix and Helix Sponsors include Abbott Biotech Ventures, Amgen Ventures, Baxter Ventures, J&J Development Corporation, MedImmune Ventures, GlaxoSmithKline, Merck, and Pfizer.