13th Annual BIO Investor Forum to Highlight IPO Success Since Passage of JOBS Act
Washington, D.C. (August 5, 2014) – The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) has opened registration for the 13th Annual BIO Investor Forum, the international biotech investor conference focused on investment strategies for early stage and established private companies as well as emerging public companies. The event will take place October 7-8, 2014, at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, California.
“Investors are increasingly interested in biotechnology based on scientific breakthroughs, an improved regulatory environment and strong earnings growth from large companies. Reaching the 100th biotech IPO since passage of JOBS Act in 2012 is a testament to this positive investor outlook,” said Jim Greenwood, President & CEO, BIO. “The BIO Investor Forum is the ideal venue for investors to hear from and meet with executives at the top life sciences growth companies. These conversations and connections help provide an overview of the industry and the issues affecting product innovation, capitalization and commercialization.”
The 2014 BIO Investor Forum will assemble public and venture-stage growth companies, as well as top public and private equity investors, to explore investment trends and opportunities in life sciences. To view the list of previous investment community participants, please visit here.
This year’s program will include plenary sessions, business roundtables, therapeutic workshops, company presentations and fireside chats featuring respected industry veterans discussing the latest trends in biotech. The BIO Investor Forum program has been listed below.
The first Fireside Chat will feature Ken Drazan, Head of Johnson & Johnson Innovation, California.
· A High-Speed Option at the FDA: Lessons from Veterans of the Breakthrough Therapy Designation Process
· BioCentury Presents: 22nd Annual “Back to School” Report
· Up, Up, and Away: How Fragile is the Biotech Rally After Five Positive Years?
· JOBS Act, from Enactment to IPO: Surprises from the CEOs in the First Generation
· Blurred Lines: VCs, CVCs, and IBs Explain Their Re-Thinking of Traditional Private-Only or Public-Only Investment Strategies
· T-Cell Therapies: Best Bets in Pushing Down the Cost Curve and Prioritizing Cancer Targets
· Gene Therapy Ascending? Today’s Advancements Over Past Hurdles
· Electroceuticals and Digital Drug Delivery: Neurological Stimulation, the Bionic Pancreas, and Beyond
In addition to high level workshops and panel discussions, the conference features presentations by over 100 biotech companies poised to join the growth “watch list” in 2015, as well as a number of nonprofit and venture philanthropy organizations. To view the current 2014 presenting companies list, please visit here and to view the full 2013 list, please visit here.
BIO One-on-One Partnering™ opened August 4th and provides investors and business development professionals an opportunity to arrange meetings with licensing and therapeutic franchise heads.
Upcoming BIO Events
BIO Latin America Conference
September 9-11, 2014
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Livestock Biotech Summit
September 16-18, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
October 7-8, 2014
San Francisco, CA
November 3-5, 2014
November 10-12, 2014
December 7-9, 2014
San Diego, CA
June 15-18, 2015