BIO Announces GreenTech Investor Sessions for 2016 BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology
Washington, D.C. (April 07, 2016) – The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) has announced the elite group of emerging industrial biotechnology companies that will be presenting at the GreenTech Investor Sessions during BIO’s 13th Annual World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology. BIO’s GreenTech Investor Sessions provide selected companies a high-visibility opportunity to showcase their technologies and business models in front of venture capitalists, analysts, and strategic investors. The world’s largest industrial biotechnology event will be held April 17-20, 2016 at the San Diego Convention Center in San Diego, CA.
“BIO’s GreenTech Investor Sessions provide a unique opportunity for investors to learn about the latest breakout technologies and connect with executives from innovative industrial biotechnology companies,” said Brent Erickson, executive vice president for BIO’s Industrial & Environmental Section. “Nine emerging companies were chosen to present by an external advisory panel of investors, following a rigorous application process. The GreenTech Investor Sessions are a one-of-a-kind opportunity for all World Congress attendees.”
The BIO GreenTech Investor Sessions are scheduled for Monday, April 18, 2016 and will begin at 8:30am with a panel of veteran investors:
Moderator: Roger Wyse, Founder, Spruce Capital
- Michael Krel, Senior Associate, Sofinnova Partners
- Neil Cameron, Investment Director, Emerald Technology Ventures
- Thomas Huot, Managing Director, Vantagepoint Capital Partners
- Mario Portela, Managing Director, Texas Pacific Group
Companies to present at this year’s GreenTech Sessions include:
- Deinove is a cleantech company that designs, develops and markets a new generation of industrial biobased products based on ancestral bacteria: the deinococci. Deinove is currently the only company in the world that designs and develops production processes based on these “deinotechnologies,” which are used to manufacture high-value compounds of second-generation biofuels (DEINOL program) and biochemical compounds (DEINOCHEM program). This company will showcase its technology from 9:25 AM to 9:40 AM.
- Aequor is a development-stage biotech company that holds patents pending on new chemical entities (NCEs) derived from novel marine natural products. The NCEs indicate remarkable anti-biofilm and anti-fouling properties without harming plant or animal life. Aequor will present from 9:45 AM to 10:00 AM.
- Kalion, Inc. is an early stage industrial biotech company developing low-cost glucaric acid and S-3-hydroxybutyrolactone (3-HBL) using traditional fermentation technology. This company will be showcasing its technology from 10:30 AM to 10:45 AM
- Agrivida uses plant-expressed enzymes and plant modification to develop transformational products for monogastric and ruminant animal nutrition. Agrivida will showcase its technology from 10:50 AM to 11:05 AM.
- Leaf Resources Limited offers an advanced technology package for breaking down plant derived biomass to useful, sustainable, renewable and biodegradable products. The companies’ innovative Glycell™ process technology can reshape the economics of using large scale biomass resources as a replacement for petroleum derived products. Leaf Resources Limited will present from 11:10 AM to 11:25 AM.
- Sylvatex utilizes renewable non-toxic inputs to create a nanoparticle that can be used in multiple applications. Sylvatex’s current focus is on a low carbon fuel application with a cost-effective platform for incorporating renewable components into petroleum and biomass-based diesel fuels. This company will be showcasing its technology from 11:30 AM to 11:45 AM.
- Manus Biosynthesis produces ingredients found in nature by re-creating natural processes through fermentation rather than through industrial agriculture. Manus Biosynthesis will present from 2:20 PM to 2:35 PM.
- KnipBio has developed a series of naturally occurring microbes that convert low-cost feedstock into premium, nutritious fish feed with pigment-enhancing carotenoids to produce healthier, more vibrant fish. This company will be showcasing its technology from 2:40 PM to 2:55 PM.
- Mango Materials produces a naturally occurring biopolymer from waste biogas (methane) that is economically competitive with conventional oil-based plastics. The company will showcase its technology from 3:00 PM to 3:15 PM.
All programs at the World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology are open to attendance by members of the media. Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters working full time for print, broadcast or web publications with valid press credentials.
BIO is the world's largest trade association representing biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world. BIOtechNOW is BIO's blog chronicling “innovations transforming our world” and the BIO Newsletter is the organization’s bi-weekly email newsletter. Subscribe to the BIO Newsletter.