BIO Professional Development
Through a curated network of education alliance partners, BIO offers industry professionals executive training and development resources for accelerating career growth
Diagnostics’ Role In Medicine Today
Diagnostics' Role in Medicine Today introduces the ever-expanding molecular diagnostics industry. Diagnostics save lives by helping to pinpoint the exact cause and location of disease. Learn the purpose of each type of diagnostic, the science behind personalized medicine, and how companion diagnostics help doctors prescribe medication and dosage correctly the first time. If you are new to this area of health care, Diagnostics’ Role in Medicine Today will provide a solid foundation on which to build your diagnostic acumen.
- Cite how biomarkers are used in molecular diagnostics.
- Describe the types of measurements employed by diagnostics.
- Identify the main purposes of each diagnostic category.
- Explain how companion diagnostics take advantage of a patient’s genetic variation.
- Connect diagnostics to improved disease treatment through personalized medicine.
Download Course Syllabus
- View the entire course
- Pass course exam with a 70 percent
- Complete the course evaluation
Learn how to develop and gain regulatory approval for medical devices.
Medical Device Development Immersion is an interactive, two-day preparatory course designed for those who need to better understand all aspects of medical device development.
How Diagnostics Work: DNA-Based Diagnostics explains the molecular science and technology used in a common set of diagnostic tools, including the various types of PCR, SNP chips, next-generation sequencing and microRNA techniques. Gain entry to the fast-paced field of molecular diagnostics by taking this course.
How Diagnostics Work: Protein-Based Diagnostics focuses on antibodies: what they are, where they come from and how they work.