BIO Previews “Must Attend” Breakout Sessions at 13th Annual BIO World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology
Washington, D.C. (February 24, 2016) – The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) today announces the “must attend” Breakout Sessions for BIO’s 2016 World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology. The 2016 World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology program will feature 70 sessions in eight 8 tracks over three days. This year’s conference will be held April 17-20 in San Diego, CA at the San Diego Convention Center.
“We are excited to celebrate the 13th anniversary of BIO’s World Congress by looking back at how far the industry has progressed in commercializing industrial biotech solutions,” said Brent Erickson, executive vice president for BIO’s Industrial & Environmental Section. “BIO’s 2016 World Congress breakout program will showcase the current innovations in this growing market space and highlight products that meet consumer demand.”
The featured breakout sessions include:
- Victor Oh, Lux Research
- Tom Jensen, Joule Unlimited
- Thomas Buhl, Global Bioenergies
- Timothy Cesarek, Enerkem Inc.
Moderator: Joel Stone, ConVergInce Advisers
- Matthew Engler, Verdezyne
- Damien Perriman, Genomatica
- Cindy Thyfault, Westar Trade Resources
- Michael Wolcott, Washington State University
- Peter Lammers, Arizona State University, Arizona Center for Algae Technology and Innovation (AzCATI)
- Harold Schmitz, Mars, Inc.
- Ross Zirkle, DSM
Moderator: Blake Simmons, JBEI, United States Department of Energy (DOE)
- Darren Platt, Amyris
- Neil Parry, Unilever
- Mark Burk, Genomatica
- Vinayak Kaaptral, Igenbio Inc.
Moderator: Josh Silverman, Calysta, Inc.
- Edi Eliezer, Conagen, Inc.
- Emmanuel Petiot, Deinove
- Benjamin Gonzalez, Metabolic Explorer
- Michael Vevera, Mercurius Biorefining
Moderator: Philipp Walter, Succinity
- Joop Groen, TNO
- Michael Saltzberg, Dupont
- Len Rand, xF Technologies
- David Sudolsky, Anellotech, Inc.
Moderator: Susanne Kleff, MBI
- Shawn Jones, White Dog Labs
- Cesar Granda, Earth Energy Renewables
- Rishi Jain, Praj Matrix
- Allen Barbieri, Biosynthetic Technologies
Moderator: Jian Yu, University of Hawaii
- Yinhua Wan, Institute of Process Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Manju Misra, University of Guelph
- Amar Mohanty, University of Guelph
- Amit Goyal, Southern Research Institute
All programs at the World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology are open to attendance by members of the media. Complimentary media registration is available to editors and reporters working full time for print, broadcast or web publications with valid press credentials.