2022 BIO Patient & Health Advocacy Summit Health and Safety Protocols
Updated as of October 13, 2022
BIO is committed to creating a safe event for all attendees at the 2022 BIO Patient & Health Advocacy Summit. For the latest updates on BIO’s Health and Safety Protocols, please check this page regularly.
If you are exhibiting cold or flu-like symptoms, have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19, or have received a positive COVID-19 test within 5 days of the start of the convention, please stay home and do not attend this year’s Summit.
BIO is committed to your safety. Here is what you can expect:
Proof of Vaccination:
- All attendees must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters for those who are eligible and will need to provide proof of vaccination status to gain access to the BIO Patient & Health Advocacy Summit. A photo of proof of vaccination will be accepted.
- If you have a medical exemption, please forward your doctor’s note to email@example.com.
As of October 10, BIO strongly encourages all attendees to test prior to attending the Patient Summit but will no longer require proof of a negative COVID-19 test prior to entry.
Facial masks are encouraged but will not be required.
Expedite your Health Check upon arrival via the CLEAR App
BIO has partnered with CLEAR to utilize the Health Pass feature, to provide easy proof of COVID-related health insights for faster entry. To get started, download the CLEAR app and enroll for free: https://clear.app.link/PatientSummit
For an expedited entry into the Patient Summit, you can create a free CLEAR account PRIOR to arrival to the Summit and complete the checklist for entry requirements.
To complete your Health Pass:
- Download the CLEAR app and tap the white Health Pass tile
- Select ‘Have a code?’ and enter BIOPHAS22
- Enroll with your government issued ID or if you are already a CLEAR member, verify your identity with a quick selfie
- Follow the prompts to verify your proof of vaccination
- Based on the type of Covid-19 test you opt to take, upload your negative test results in the alloted time window prior to arriving to the Summit on Thursday, Oct 27
- Accept the Know Before You Go
- Before you arrive, reopen the Health Pass tile and produce your pass. Green is good to go! Be ready to show at the Health and Safety Desk for faster entry.
If you have any questions about enrolling in CLEAR, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or tap “Get In Touch” in the app for assistance.
Need further assistance with Health Pass? Contact CLEAR’s Member Care team directly in the CLEAR app, by calling 1-855-CLEARME (253-2763), or through email at email@example.com
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any health and safety-related questions.
If I am ineligible to receive my booster vaccine, can I still attend the convention?
If you are ineligible to receive your booster vaccine but are up to date with your primary vaccinations, you may still attend the Summit.
What should I do if I am medically exempt from receiving primary or booster vaccines?
What should I do if I have recovered from COVID-19, but still receive positive test results?
If you have COVID-19 within 5 days of the start of the Summit, we ask that you please do not attend. If you have recovered from COVID-19 more than 5 days before the start of the convention and are still receiving positive test results, please bring your positive COVID-19 test result from an accredited lab, pharmacy, or clinic (must include date, attendee name, and must be taken no more than 90 days before the start of the convention) OR a doctor’s note.