21st Annual BIO CEO & Investor Conference Programming Announced
Washington, DC (November 28, 2018) – The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) today announced preliminary programing for the upcoming BIO CEO & Investor Conference to be held February 11-12, 2019 in New York City.
Developed to present a broad and unbiased view of investment opportunities for emerging publicly traded biotechnology companies, the conference has established itself as a critical venue for innovative companies to source investors, create relationships, initiate collaborations and make connections that may one day bring life-saving treatments to the market.
“Whether it’s tackling subjects like the Trump Administration’s drug pricing proposals, reviewing the impact of record level biotech IPOs, exchanging views on affordability and patient access or discussing the latest scientific advancements, our diverse group of speakers will bring sound expertise and unique perspectives to the discussion,” noted Jim Greenwood, President and CEO of BIO. “The program announced today will address trending topics in the biotech sector while exploring opportunities and challenges faced by emerging biotech companies. This event again offers enormous opportunities for companies and investors to build new and productive partnerships.”
Panel sessions for the 2019 BIO CEO & Investor Conference are:
- Reshaping Tumor Microenvironments via Immunotherapies
- Policy Outlook—How Could the Trump Administration’s Drug Reimbursement Proposals Affect Medical Innovation?
- New Treatments for Diabetes and Obesity: Innovations for Chronic Diseases
- Regulatory Changes to Cross-Border Investments: CFIUS and Biotech Deals
- Advances in Neuromuscular Disease Treatments
- Navigating Payers’ Expectations for Value-Based Agreements
- Attacking Biological Mechanisms of Aging to Extend Health Span
- Are Record Levels of IPOs Disrupting M&A Deals?
- Removing Commercialization Barriers for New Antimicrobial Drugs
- Market Outlook—Distinguishing a Correction from a Downturn
New this year, BIO is offering Executive Leadership courses to help companies develop tools for striking deals and improving corporate reputation. Participants will choose between one of two interactive courses which are based on real-life biopharma experiences and will run on Sunday, February 10. This program requires separate registration. Course titles are:
Conference attendees will have access to the proprietary BIO One-on-One™ Partnering™ which provides the opportunity to arrange meetings between and among investors, companies and industry executives.
Institutional, private equity, angel and venture investors with funds on-hand and whose primary activity is direct investment in research and development companies are eligible for complimentary registration. Equity research analysts from investment banking institutions and buy-side analysts also qualify as investors.
Advance media registration is now available for qualified reporters working full time for print, broadcast and web publications with valid press credentials.
Visit BIO CEO & Investor Conference for complete details on the entire program.