Add This Can't Miss Plenary to Your Calendar!
Delivering Justice Through Science
Monday, Sept. 21 | 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EDT
The COVID-19 crisis has exposed tremendous vulnerabilities across society, but particularly in underserved communities in the U.S. and globally. Recent reports on the impact of COVID-19 on underserved communities, and recently introduced legislation like the U.S. Growing Climate Solutions Act, suggest a new path forward for climate positive practices and technologies from the farm level to biobased manufacturing processes, food, and products. This important discussion will focus on how smart policy can lead to needed access to improved health and wellness for all.
Moderator: Michelle McMurry-Heath, PhD, MD, President and CEO, Biotechnology Innovation Organization
- Sylvia Wulf, CEO AquaBounty Technologies, Inc., Chair of BIO’s Food and Agriculture Section Governing Board
- Jill Zullo, Vice President for Bioindustrials North America, Cargill, and Chair of BIO’s Industrial and Environmental Section Governing Board
New Perspectives Shaping the Future of the Bioeconomy
Hear from these industry innovators and thought-leaders transforming the future of the bioeconomy - new speakers just added!
- Sonny Perdue, Secretary, United States Department of Agriculture
- Doug Berven, Vice President, Corporate Affairs, POET, LLC
- Brian Brazeau, Vice Chair of BIO’s Food and Agriculture Section and President of Novozymes North America
- Doug Cole, Marketing & Biotech Affairs, Simplot Plant Sciences
- Stephen E. Croskrey, CEO, Danimer Scientific, Inc.
- Joanna DuPont-Inglis, Head of EU Affairs, European Bioplastics
- Vonnie Estes, Vice President of Technology, Produce Marketing Association
- Lucy Frankel, Environmental and Communications Director, Vegware
- Barbara Glenn, CEO, National Association of State Departments of Agriculture
- Renato Domith Godinho, Head, Division for Energy Progress, Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Brazil
- Sally Greenberg, Executive Director, National Consumers League
- Thomas Gremillion, Director of Food Policy, Consumer Federation of America
- Keira Havens, Manager of Sustainability & Public Affairs, Pivot Bio, Inc.
- Joshua Hoffman, Chief Executive Officer, Zymergen
- Gregory Jaffe, Director, Project for Biotechnology, Center For Science In the Public Interest (CSPI)
- Jason Kelly, CEO, Ginkgo Bioworks
- Rohan Kemp, Head of Bioeconomy and Plastics, UK Department for Business, Energy, and Industrial Strategy
- James LaLonde, Lead, Microbial Digital Genome Engineering, Inscripta
- Jim Lane, Editor, The Biofuels Digest
- Matt Lipscomb, CEO & Founder, DMC Biotechnologies, Inc.
- John Melo, Director, President & Chief Executive Officer, Amyris, Inc.
- Rebecca Middleton, Vice President, Public Policy & Advocacy, World Food Program USA
- Philip Miller, Senior Vice President Agricultural Global Government Affairs, Regulatory Policy, Bayer
- Jennifer Morris, CEO, The Nature Conservancy
- Colin Murphy, Deputy Director, Policy Institute for Energy, Environment and the Economy, University of California, Davis
- Somsri Phanichrungruang, President, PTT MCC Biochem Limited
- Andy Renz, Vice President of Business Development, Vestaron Corporation
- Brian Ronholm, Director of Food Policy, Consumer Reports
- Colin Rusch, Senior Research Analyst, Oppenheimer & Co. Inc.
- Rosanne Rust, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist & Author, Rust Nutrition Services
- Michael Saltzberg, Global Business Director, Biomaterials, Dupont Corporation
- Christophe Schilling, CEO & Co-Founder, Genomatica, Inc.
- Puneet Trehan, Material Innovation & Development Leader, IKEA
- Roger Wyse, Managing Partner, Spruce Capital Partners