20% discount on ADP R&D tax credit services, as well as:
- A free initial assessment to estimate the potential federal & state R&D tax credits for which your company may be eligible;
- Refund clause included in every R&D tax credit engagement;
- A thorough study reviewing qualified expenses delivered by a team of experienced tax professionals; and
- Access to a dedicated team of R&D experts who are trained to help you maximize your credits.
Available to current ADP payroll/PEO clients as well as members using other third-party payroll systems.
The R&D Tax Credit Offering
ADP provides an experienced and practical approach for guiding life science clients through the R&D tax credit process. Their group of specialized professionals provide the peace of mind that comes with having a highly detailed study outlining qualified research activities and expenses.
ADP carefully analyze each client as a candidate to claim the R&D tax credit. Clients average four to five times return on investment.1
1 Based on 2016-2018 ADP internal data on service fee to actual R&D Credit value ratio.
The term “research and development” is broad and includes creating or improving engineering processes, developing or improving a product, developing computer software and more. While not an exhaustive list, here are a few R&D activities that generally qualify for the federal tax credit.
Developing, modifying, designing, supporting or supervising research activities for:
- product design, development, and testing new scientific theories and research methods
- prototypes of new products or extending the shelf life of existing products
- creation of therapeutics, repurposing or reformulating existing drugs
- designing wearables and digital health devices to monitor health and physical activity
- establishing new technologies to further telemedicine
- innovation in robotics, artificial intelligence or other new technology into existing products
- designing new drugs, chemical compounds or medical devices
- new or unique blending technology or delivery systems for compounds or medicines design and execution in experiments or trials