BIO Professional Development
Through a curated network of education alliance partners, BIO offers industry professionals executive training and development resources for accelerating career growth
Basic Disinfection Practices for Tissue Culture Laboratories
Basic Disinfection Practices for Tissue Culture Laboratories introduces disinfection methods for laboratories working with infectious agents. Emphasis is placed on common sources of contamination, choosing the right type of disinfectant, best practices for tissue culture laboratories, and how to clean the laboratory and equipment.
- Ability to identify the biosafety level to be used when handling human tissues.
- Explanation of the contamination process in tissue culture hoods.
- Determination of proper personal protective equipment to be used in different scenarios.
- Understanding of which laboratory processes require a written standard operating procedure.
- Knowledge of how to disinfect/clean laboratory floors, bench-tops, and equipment.
Download Course Syllabus
- View the entire course
- Pass the course exam with a 70 percent
- Complete the course evaluation
Biopharma Business Acumen was developed for those who need to better understand the unique considerations encountered by industry executives.
Working With Animals focuses on the special considerations of working safely with laboratory animals.
OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Regulations details current OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Regulations, how to determine if your organization is subject to its laws, and how to properly integrate them into existing medical surveillance, health, and safety programs.
NIH Recombinant DNA Compliance highlights the history and current legislative initiatives for NIH compliance, how these regulations may affect your institution and the operation of the Institutional Biosafety Committee.