BIO Professional Development
Through a curated network of education alliance partners, BIO offers industry professionals executive training and development resources for accelerating career growth
06/02/2023 - 06/04/2023 | 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM EDT
Business Development Fundamentals
The Business Development Fundamentals in-person course provides a foundation of the key skills that are required to execute a licensing transaction. With a focus on the biopharma industry, the course is taught by senior executives who have personal experience and expertise in transactional and intellectual property law; business development – both sell and buy sides; finance; alliance management; negotiation, and university technology transfer.
Previous attendees include professionals from many international institutions. A sample of companies include:
Who should take the course?
- Buy or sell-side business development or alliance management professionals with limited transactional experience
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in business development, tech transfer, or alliance management
- Individuals that want to better understand the strategic role of business development in portfolio expansion or divestitures
This course will be held in person, June 2-4, 2023, in Boston, Mass., covering specific modules for each day. A case study will be distributed at the beginning of the course.
Interested in only registering for an in-person course in Boston? For course-only registration instructions, email: email@example.com
Instructors (click photos to view bios)
- Types of strategic alliances and the process
- Term sheet development and contractual definitions
- Negotiation strategy
- Intellectual property and recent case studies
- Financial principles and asset valuation
- Alliance management
- University licensing/tech transfer
Download Course Syllabus
2023 Agenda: Business Development Fundamentals
- Attend the entire in-person course
- Complete course evaluation within two weeks of the course end date
Learn the core elements of revenue forecasting.
Experienced dealmakers will prove a deep dive on early capitalization from investors (not grants).
Learn about the science driving today’s hottest biopharma innovations including CRISPR, CAR-T, gene therapy, and much more...
Gain a systematic approach to producing a valuation that can be used in investment rounds, mergers/acquisitions, licensing deals or strategic development decisions in the pharma-biotech world...