BIO DIGITAL 2021 TO FEATURE WHO’s WHO IN PUBLIC HEALTH
Former CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin welcomes an all-star lineup including Albert Bourla, Francis Collins, Jennifer Doudna, Anthony Fauci, Sanjay Gupta, Richard Haass, Janet Woodcock, and a host of industry leaders
Looking back on a year of unprecedented industry collaboration, discovery and achievement, the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) has begun announcing the featured speakers at this year’s BIO Digital, which runs June 10-11(pre-event) and 14-18 (live event), 2021.
Attendees at this year’s BIO Digital can expect a wide offering of programming centered around four key areas: How Biotech Changed COVID, How COVID Changed Biotech, Case Studies in Innovation and Bioeconomy in the Future. The virtual event includes two bonus days June 10-11 featuring the new “Innovation Stage” showcasing leading biotech regions, companies, patient groups, universities and more.
“This past year has thrown the biotechnology community into the forefront of peoples’ everyday lives. Biotechnology companies heard the call to action, stepped up and met the challenge of COVID-19, with remarkable results, providing several safe vaccination options in record time,” said BIO’s President & CEO, Dr. Michelle McMurry-Heath. “It’s so important that we reconvene and offer this unsurpassed virtual experience—BIO Digital—that promises to propel the industry even further through excellent programing and networking opportunities.”
Keynote and featured speakers include experts and newsmakers from across the field:
- Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Julie Gerberding: How to End the HIV/AIDS Epidemic: Collaboration and Investment to Address Global Unmet Needs and Prioritize Research
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Chief Medical Correspondent, CNN; Associate Professor of Neurosurgery, Emory University Hospital: Media and the Medicine
- Albert Bourla, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pfizer: Breaking Barriers in Vaccine Development
- Dr. Jennifer Doudna, Nobel Laureate and CRISPR pioneer: Breaking Barriers in Science
- Michael Vounatsos, Chief Executive Officer Biogen: Breaking Barriers to Corporate Responsibility
- Richard Haass, President, Council on Foreign Relations: Fireside Chat
- Dr. Francis Collins, Director, National Institutes of Health: Fireside Chat
- Dr. Janet Woodcock, Acting Commissioner of Food and Drugs, Food and Drug Administration: Fireside Chat
- Robert A. Bradway, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Amgen: Fireside Chat
- Dr. Tony Coles, Chief Executive Officer and Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Cerevel Therapeutics: Fireside Chat
Former CNN anchor Brooke Baldwin will serve as emcee for the conference.
Last year’s first ever BIO Digital hosted over 7,000 participants from more than 4,000 companies and 64 countries around the world to view the 553 virtual sessions across 17 focus areas. More than 26,000 scheduled BIO One-on-One Partnering meetings across 28 time zones occurred among 3,269 companies at the virtual event.
BIO offers complimentary media registration to editors and reporters working for print, broadcast or web publications with valid press credentials.
BIO encourages attendees to follow the 2021 Keynote Speakers and Emcee on Twitter:
- Dr. Sanjay Gupta: @DrSanjayGupta
- Brooke Baldwin: @BrookeBaldwin
- Dr. Julie Gerberding: @JulieGMD
- Albert Bourla: @AlbertBourla
- Dr. Jennifer Doudna: @Doudna_Lab
- Richard Haass: @RichardHaass
- Dr. Francis Collins: @NIHDirector
- Dr. Janet Woodcock: @DrWoodcockFDA