BIO Professional Development
Through a curated network of education alliance partners, BIO offers industry professionals executive training and development resources for accelerating career growth
Biosafety Basics provides the introductory framework to the practices and principles when working with infectious biological agents. Focus is placed on an introduction to infectious agents, assessment of biological hazards and risks, overview of laboratory safety, risk mitigation via personal protective equipment and biosafety cabinets, program management, and biosafety guidelines and regulations.
- Checklist of risk factors when working with biological agents.
- Survey of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) based on different tasks, work areas, temperatures and organisms.
- Safety consideration differences when working in a biological safety cabinet (BSC), a fume hood, and a laminar flow clean air center.
- Corresponding risk groups with biosafety level of a biosafety lab -1, -2, -3.
- Knowledge of how various federal regulatory agencies regulate the practice of biosafety.
Download Course Syllabus
- View entire course
- Pass course exam with a 70 percent
- Complete the course evaluation
Biopharma Business Acumen was developed for those who need to better understand the unique considerations encountered by industry executives.
Working With Animals focuses on the special considerations of working safely with laboratory animals.
Basic Disinfection Practices for Tissue Culture Laboratories introduces disinfection methods for laboratories working with infectious agents.
OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Regulations details current OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Regulations, how to determine if your organization is subject to its laws, and how to properly integrate them into existing medical surveillance, health, and safety programs.