Position Title: Director, Digital & Health Communications
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Public Affairs
Primary Purpose of the Position:
- Develop and implement digital strategies in support of BIO’s advocacy campaigns.
- Provide digital communications and marketing expertise to align with BIO’s goals to promote thought leadership and the value of membership.
- Collaborate with Marketing Team to create enterprise-wide digital and social marcomm strategy to support BIO revenue goals.
- Enhance BIO digital and social properties to align with prioritized BIO objectives.
- Act as brand steward across all BIO digital and social properties.
- Develop and build digital and social learning agenda that optimizes BIO’s overall online footprint while ensuring accurate data capture and utilization that aligns with BIO’s forthcoming data integration effort.
- Develop online content such as social media tiles, infographics, digitals ads, blog posts, marketing content, that expand the reach of BIO messaging and drive brand awareness.
- Research the online community and identify influencers contacts – including online media – who communicate on health and ECS issues.
- Work with BIO’s digital team to research current benchmark trends and audience preferences; Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Work closely with BIO’s marketing, membership, and events teams to assure consistency of messaging and branding.
- Build measurement plan and organization-wide dashboard for digital assets.
- Manage brand refresh extension across BIO digital and social assets.
- Help plan and execute digital media buys to support BIO’s advocacy efforts.
- Record of success with strategic digital, communications, and marketing plans and campaigns
- Excellent writing and editing and content management skills
- Knowledge of technology tools and trends in social media, develop and manage online content. Mastery of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok is required.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and measurement tools, including Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Google Tag Manager
- Knowledge of Drupal, Adobe Creative Suite, Trello, Digital Asset Management
- Previous experience with database management and e-newsletter distribution, specifically Marketo and Salesforce
- Ability to work within a team environment and take direction from senior team members
- Must be highly driven and results-oriented
- Bachelor of Arts from accredited academic institution
- 6-10 years of experience in digital and online communications
- Experience and working knowledge of health policy and health issues a plus
- Experience working with/in a trade association/organization
- Government relations, government service, political campaign experience a plus—but not required